MODELS I LEFT MY TRUCK SITTING FOR 12 D

1997 Chevrolet Other

1997 Other Chevrolet Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140056 miles

First, I love this site thank you! My c/k class 1500 Chevy truck got a new engine at 126,000 mile mark. I bought the truck through a private owner and for the last 4 years has been working great other then the engine. But I went on vacation for 12 days and about 5 days ago I came back and found a fresh puddle of deep red fluid which matched the transmission dip stick about a hand palm size big. My fluid level was o.K when I drove it home about 3 hours away and again the next day when my engine was running warm ( 210 on the gage) but, then the next day when cool the level appeared low.
With no leaks noticed, and no indicator lights what am I looking at? Thank you !
Ncritchlow1

HI there,

Thank you for the donation,

Correct the oil level and wash down the trans as best you can, clean well around the pan as well, take car for a good drive and then inspect around the transmission for any fresh leaks, report here what you find.

Mhpautos