MODELS NOT STARTING

1991 Chevrolet Other

1991 Other Chevrolet Models Automatic

I have a 91 Chevy K1500 with a 5.7L engine. I have repaired almost everything, the starter went out last night and I got a new one, I also needed a new power steering pulley and belt. After putting all these things back on, it wont even turn over now. The battery is showing a charge of just over 13, the starter is brand new and I am stumped.
Wilkinbear

Do you mean it cranks over and will not start or just won't crank at all/nothing/nada?

Cranks but no start condition:

Fuel and Spark

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/COP/coil packs,coil's resistances,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Compression:

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.

No crank at all/nothing/nada:

Could be the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good.

http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/auto_repair_manuals_alldata.htm

We started to work on the spark plugs, then decided that even though the starter was brand new we needed to make sure that it was a " good" starter, turned out the " NEW" starter was completely dead. They replaced it and it fired right up. Thanks for your help.

Wilkinbear