MODELS DIES AFTER STARTING

1987 Chevrolet Other

1987 Other Chevrolet Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 155000 miles

Hi I have a 1987 chevy k10 pickup with 350 in it. It dies almost instantly after starting and some times I can get it to idle but it even dies after a couple minutes or when I put in drive and get to about 35 mph it dies off. I have replaced fuel pump and filter it has a brand new carb on it. I put some water remover in gas tank and still no go. How long should it take for the water remover to act also.
Chesty1990

Run a scan on your engine, cross A& B and count the light flashes to see if a sensor is going bad. Check your vacuum hose going to the map sensorif it's soft it could be not letting the map read to keep the car going. By dumping water remover n your fuel all you are doing is putting more alcohol in the fuel. You really don't need that clean your battery cables as well as you may not be getting enough juice to keep it running. Also go under tune up and it covers all ignition systems and check yours as it may be a reluctor or ecm in the dist causing the problem as well.