CHEVY WATER LEAKS WHEN IT RAINS

2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Interior problem
2005 Chevy Monte Carlo 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 55000 miles

I have a 2005 Monte Carlo with a sunroof. For the past few weeks, the carpet is soaked, there is some water on the driver's seat, and the headliner is wet on the driver's side. I have sealed the roof seams where they go under the windshield seal/gasket with silicone. The most likely suspect is the sunroof gasket/rubber but it appears to be in good shape. I have read a few posts about a windshield water deflector and clogged sunroof drain tubes but I'm not sure about these. I need some input from someone who has expierenced and how they fixed it. Thanks for your help.
Nexus37

If you park the car outside all the time the sunroof gaskets can deteriorate pretty quick. Both front corners of the sunroof have a drain hose running down the A pillar and end up down at the floor behind the lower kick pad on the left or right side.

The end of the sunroof drain hoses may be laying flat against the foam at the base of the " A" pillar. This may cause a partially plugged drain hose. During a heavy rain, water that should be draining away may back up and overflow into the headliner at the front of the vehicle.

You may need to cut back the drain hoses to allow them to flow. Not more than 1/4 to 1/2 inch.

Scotty Dee