CHEVY ABS AND TRACTION CONTROL

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Brakes problem
2002 Chevy Monte Carlo 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 45000 miles

Both lights are on. The brakes are new. The abs light and service traction control light are on.I dont think our mechanic knows much about that and I was told if I went to a dealer it could be a small fortune. Only 45000 miles and not driven in the winter. From the internet some say that its usually the sensors but they change those and it comes back on in a week or so. Any suggestions on what to do or where to take it? Thanks rick k.
Rmranger

Hi: The two systems work together, so you need to identify which sensor is actually bad. Have you had the computer scanned for codes? Most parts stores will scan it for free. Try that and let me know what you find.

I did a scan and it came back improper ground.I sanded and cleaned the ground contact. There was no rust or corrosion and the warning hasnt come on in 3 days. Cant believe this could be an easy fix like that. Will let you know if anything changes. Rick k. Thanks

Rmranger