CHEVY HORN DON'T WORK

2000 Chevrolet Metro

2000 Chevy Metro Front Wheel Drive Manual 145674 miles

Hi! I have a 3 cylinders 1.0 Chevy Metro.
Suddendly when I was driving home, the horn stop working and I noticed because a horse was on the middle of the road and it wasn't moving away. I checked the fuses but none was blown and a friend told me that it might be a disc that is on the steering wheel because it wasn't probably that the two horn buttons stop working at once. What " disc" is that? What else could it be? Thank you for your help!
Ccamero

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2000_geo_metro_horn_1.jpg

Your horn is right by your hood latch i posted a diagram to show you where it is.Let's start by checking the black wire to it that should be a constant ground.Now check the green wire that should be power when you press one of the horn button's.Let me know what you find.

The black wire doesn't change, it has continuity at all times. But the green wire don't have power at any time, not even when I press any of the 2 horn buttons. I used a continuty tester. Then I checked the horn with a wire directly from the positive (+) from the battery and the horn worked just fine.

Ccamero

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_2000_chevy_metro_horn_wire_diagram_1.jpg

Junction block on the left side of the dash is your horn relay see if you have a ground when you press the horn button to the blue and black wire to the horn relay.The green wire to the horn relay should have power to it when you press the horn button.Also check the hazard fuse that power's the horn according to the diagram.I also emailed you the diagram so you can see it better.

Hi,
I'm sorry I didn't replied yet, but I returned the borrowed multimeter and I need to bring the car with a friend to check what you said. Besides, something else has arisen; now the air bag signal is on all the time and I didn't know what caused that, the fuse for the air bag is ok.

Ccamero
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you since the launch of our new site I no longer get email alert's to let me know you replied back to me. It sound's like you have a problem with your air bag coil that allows the steering while to turn and still be hooked up to your horn button and air on your steering wheel. So what did you find with what I asked you to test?Also getting your air bag code's will help narrow the problem down also.