TURN SIGNALS

Chevrolet Malibu

When the switch is on, the signal clicks rapidly, but the signal light does not flash. What needs to be done to remedy this?
Katherine cline

Do you mean when you use the turn signal the dash light blinks fast but the outside light does not?

If so you have a bulb out if not let me know

CHEVYII
The dash light does not flash, only the clicking sound, more rapid than normal. The Malibu is a 2000. Is this caused by the rear turn signal lights being out, or are all four lights bad?

Katherine cline
If you have any bulbs that are known bad replace them first, then recheck and let us know

CHEVYII
Okay. Will replace rear bulbs and let you know the results.

Katherine cline
You're going to love this: the bulbs are okay. The turn signals are okay. The hazard light button sometimes doesn't completely turn loose when it is turned off, and that will cause the turn signals to do what mine were doing.
Remedy: press hazard lights botton on and then off. Presto! The turn signals work perfecly.
I'd love to claim it, but it was shown to me by the helpful man at Advance Auto.
Thanks for your time & have a great day. I'm signing off.

Katherine cline
Too funny

thanks
jim

CHEVYII