CHEVY REMOVAL OF INSIDE DOOR COVER

2008 Chevrolet Malibu

Interior problem
2008 Chevy Malibu 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 43000 miles

Please tell me how to remove the door cover so I can work on the door lock actuator.
Tom.black61

First you need to remove the cover behind the door latch. It will just pop out. Remove the 10mm bolt. Next lift up the little rubber shield in the bottom of the door handle and remove the #25 torque screws. When you remove the window switch panel lift up from the rear and pull back. You will have to remove four more #25 torque screws. Use a trim pry bar to remove the plastic rivits on the latch side of the door. Use a right angle trim pry bar to to start to pop the door panel away from the door. I found starting on the hinge side to be easier. Work your way around the bottom. Once you pop one or two it will be easy. The panel will lift up and the lock will just pull through. To remove the actuator you will have to remove the #27 torque screws, and the door handle. Remove the rubber plug on the latch side and remove the #25 torque screw. Remove the outer door handle cover and the handle. There is another #25 screw to remove. You will have to remove the outer door handle operating rod from the actuator in order to remove the actuator. It might be yellow in color. Pull on the little tab with a pic and then pry open the yellow holder piece. It looks like it should unscrew but it doesn't. The manual lock piece that is still poking out the door will unscrew. Once you do all this you should be able to remove the actuator. I have found some online but it is usually a dealer item. Good luck.

Jmpogue89
I found the door handle bezel, even with the GM manual, hard to get off. With something flat pry up along the bottom of the outer bezel and pull out to release two latches. Now I couldn't find any pictures of the two upper, hidden latches. Pry up between the outer bezel and what I call the inner bezel (behind the door handle) as there is a latch behind the outer bezel at the top. Now pull backward on the outer bezel as there is a latch at the rear of the inner bezel. If you "hold you mouth just right" the top will release and the out bezel will fall right out. No cussing allowed!

Dchance