CHEVY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON

2003 Chevrolet Malibu

2003 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Mt engine light is on and I went to a shop and they told me I had two codes. 1)P0303 - which is a misfire detected cylinder in number 3 and 2).P0446 - which is a EVAP. They say I need a tuneup. But how does that fix the misfire. And how do I fix it the misfire if the tuneup dont work.
Trynell

How many miles have you gone since your last tune-up? If it's been over 50,000, then I suggest you do a tune-up before trying to diagnose any drivability problems.

As for your misfire, there's several possible causes. (Ignition/fuel) this could be anything from a fouled spark plug to a malfunctioning fuel injector.

Ask the shop for an estimate. If the shop gives you a free estimate and you believe it's a fair price, then it's their responsibility to cure your misfire along with the tune-up. If they perform a tune-up and your misfire persists, then you demand they fix it.

Ernest Clark