CHEVY AIR CONDITIONING

2000 Chevrolet Malibu

Air Conditioning problem
2000 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 101000 miles

When I turn on the AC, it will jump between recirculation air and fresh air by itself. When it goes to fresh air (bringing in hot air), I will oush the recirculation button which may work for a minute or two, and then it will jup back to fresh air. What is the problem and is it costly to fix?
Bonjiggs

CHANGE THE A/C MODULATOR LOCATED BEHIND THE A/C CONTROL PANEL. BUY IT IN A JUNK YARD.

Miklo2008
PULLED OUT THE CONTROL PANEL AND THE RADIO. THERE IS NOTHING BEHIND ANY OF THOSE THINGS. JUST AN EMPTY AREA WHERE THESE THINGS FIT IN

Nseg1
It is that control panel that I am talking about. The correct name is BLOWER CONTROL SWITCH, is like a rectangle and it has wires attached to it. It's about the size of a remote control. Look it up on the internet you will know what it looks like. It is the one where your a/c knobs are attached to. If you still can't find it go to an auto parts store and ask for it. It runs about $140 new.

Miklo2008