CHEVY LOST POWER

1998 Chevrolet Malibu

1998 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 11500 miles

I have lost power to my power windows, heat/air conditioning fan all at same time what can I do?
I have checked fuses and can not single it out sometimes the radio also goes out but this seems to be a ground problem (green wire connected to one of the fuses in door panel)
Lorijvan

Hello – lorijvan

Seems the problem is over on the right hand instrument panel junction box. I will need a little more info

Does your cruise control, instrument panel lights and sunroof work?

Thank you very much for the donation.

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Thank You for getting back to me so quickly.
Yes my sunroof works and the cruise control and the instrument panel lights up. The green wire I refered to about the radio was loosely stuck in to a fuse on the left side fuse box and will no longer stay secured.

Lorijvan
Hello –-

You need to look around and see where the green wire connects to. Look for a electrical clip or connector but that needs to be hooked up.

I have a attached a pic of the RH IP junction box. With an ohm meter you need to check the fuse for your HVAC blower and the RDO ACC fuse. Also the pwr window circuit breaker, you could check the voltage coming to the CB with the key on to see if you have 12V. If you do the CB may be bad unless you can find a way to measure 12V on the other side of the CB.

Thank you very much for the donation.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_1_35.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_2_25.jpg

ImpalaSS
Everything started working again in the Malibu except the radio and nothing was done yet except I checked the sunroof this morning to see if that worked. I am going to look into what you gave me and see if something else is loose besides the green wire or if that is what is causing all the problems.
I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks Again.

Lorijvan
You are welcome

Good luck

ImpalaSS