CHEVY COOLANT LEAK

1998 Chevrolet Lumina

Engine Cooling problem
1998 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

I have a 98 chevy lumina 3.1L and I noticed it began to over heat. I changed the thermostat and added an all make and model coolant. After allowing it to run in place then driving I noticed coolant leaking from the firewall when the car is turned off. I then noticed that the car engine calls for Dex coolant. Is this serious or could there be a hose of some sort missing that is connected to the firewall? All of the other hoses and connections do not leak except for an elbow looking connection on the firewall. What is causing the leak? If it is a hose, what does it connect to?
Wring worm

You sure its not the heater core that's leaking?

No Im not sure. Also smoke comes into the cars vents after driving for 8-10 minutes. Could it be that the leak is due to a hose not being connected going back into the engine? I wonder if where the leak is coming from, can it be capped off closing the circulation?

Wring worm
If there's an actual leak, you will see it-get the cooling system pressure tested to find where its leaking at.

I fixed the problem (temporarily that is). It was the heating core. I bought a " T" connector and by passed the heating core. That fixed the smoke and the leak. Thanks for your help! All is well!

Wring worm