CHEVY CAR STARTS AND RUNS BUT DIES WHEN I DONT

1998 Chevrolet Lumina

Computer problem
1998 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 172000 miles

well I have had this problem for quite sometime now. Ive gone threw about 4 batteries and got my altenator checked 2 times. Still dies. Someone at autozone told me it could be the control module, so I changed it and got another new battery. It worked good for about 3 days, then I tried to start it today. Nothing like the battery is dead again. I jumped it and it started. And it started making a noise ive never heard before. Sounds like its coming from the a/c on the serpintine line. But I know it will just die again. What in the world is goin on? Maybe a bad altenator cable? Ground wire from battery? Or could the starter make this do it? Or could I be completey wrong and its something with the computer? Its driving me nuttz! Im new to this so I know I will donate soon! And I cannot find the manuel for my car anywhere I checked online and stores
38lumina

I'mnot sure if I have the question right, so if I am answering something you didn't ask. Sorry.

So if your problem is that if the car sits the battery dies and it wont start without a jump. You have a draw. The simplest way to find a draw is to: 1. Buy a cheap test light. 2. Remove your negative battery cable then connect one end of the test light to the negitive spot on the battery and the other end to the cable you just removed. Pretty much your using the test light to reconnect the negative cable. If the light is on (with the door closed) you probably have a draw. Then its a matter of pulling fuses until the light goes off. Once you find the fuse that shuts the light of you know that for some reason that circuit is drawing down your battery. Two little side notes. The dome light must be shut off or pull the illumination fuse so the light is off. With your door open the light will cause the test light to come on. This is the simplest way to test for a draw without spending a pile of money. Also know that there is a normal amount of draw in most cars. But if the test light shines brite it more then likely is a harmfull draw.

Bustednbroken