CHEVY ODD LOOSE PLASTIC TANK UNDER FRONT BUMPER

1995 Chevrolet Lumina

1995 Chevy Lumina

last night when I was coming home I skidded into this wooden entryway thing at my apt complex. Everything seemed fine when I got out and looked but just a bit later I noticed a grinding sound when I was driving. So I had a look under the bumper this time and noticed this big broken piece of molded plastic hanging down in front of my left front tire (the corner that grazed the obstacle) with this odd ball-shaped, hollow plastic object in the middle. There's a line running from it (the only thing connecting the plastic to the car at this point) and I have no idea what it is. The plastic sphere itself is unbroken, but there's no liquid or anything inside. I can't imagine any important fluid would be kept in a plastic tank right behind the front bumper, but I don't know much about cars. I need to try to figure out what to do about this kind of quickly, I have to work m-f 8-5 with a 1/2 hour freeway commute (I can't take a day off this week or next at all due to training, this thing came at a terrible time). Probably just going to take a wire hanger and some duct tape and suspend it up there as best I can, but if anyone can tell me what it is/what to do I'd appreciate it.
Fordthefin

It is vacuum resivor that stores vacuum to operate various items on car. Hang it up JB Weld or similar for plastic air dam or Duct tape till you have more time.

Docfixit