CHEVY INTAKE PLENUM GASKET AND WIRE REPLACEMENT

1994 Chevrolet Lumina

1994 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

i have an intake leak in my 94 chevy lumina z34. 3.4 dohc automatic and im going to attempt to correct that by replacing the spark plug wires and the upper plenum gasket. The haynes manual suggest removing a lot of parts but it all doesn't seem so necessary. Should I apply any gasket material or sealant besides a replacement gasket?
Nickheadz34

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1994_chevy_lumina_3_1.jpg

That's what i have on replacing it you just need to replace the gasket no sealer.I also emailed the step's to you.

I was looking for some tips stemming from experience doing this particular job. I thank you but I already have a repair manual for the car. Like are there unnecessary removals I can avoid. I live in an apartment and they complain if you are out there too long working on your car
jersey sux this way

Nickheadz34
I posted on are moderator's forum asking for someone that has replaced the gasket on your car to give you some pointer's on what you might not have to remove.