CHEVY BATTERY GOING DEAD

1994 Chevrolet Lumina

1994 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 60200 miles

I have a 94 lumina 3.1 v6 that is having electrical problems. A few weeks ago I noticed the voltage was dropping on the dash gauge. Then one day the car just wouldn't start, got a jump and it only drove for a couple of blocks before the car died. Tested the battery and it charged up and tested fine, so I replace the alternator and it seemed to fix it. Now about 2 weeks later I have the same problem. First I noticed the voltage dropping as I was driving then next time I tried to srart ther car and then the car just wouldn't start, no clicking nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?
Deaconmagus

I'd have to double check the charging system, on the vehicle. Another issue, could be an excessive battery drain, with everything turned off. Check for lite that might be staying on, the best time to check is in the dark. Under the hood-- in the trunk-- interior-- glove box, anywhere. Check for excessive amp draw, everything turned off, If the draw is excessive, pull fusees one at a time, when you pull the fuse on the affected circuit, the draw will return to normal.

With the vehicle running, it is the alternator that should be carrying the load.

An older way to check, is to take battery cable loose, use a testlite between battery cable and battery post, if the lite comes on and stays on, there is a drain. Not the best way to test.