CHEVY CAR WON'T START....

1990 Chevrolet Lumina

1990 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 141000 miles

I have had this car for only a few months. I have had a full tune up and oil change. The problem at first was the car would shut off when driving if you took you foot off the gas. As long as your foot is on the gas your good. So they told me it was the map sensor? I changed that, then it started doing it again a couple weeks later. They said it was the idle sensor? Changed that. Everything was good for a while then one day it just died and wouldn't start. It sounded like it wanted to but just wouldn't. I was told it was the fuel pump, they changed it and now the car won't even turn over. But the battery is not dead and it seems that I am worse off then I started. SOME ONE HELP A GIRL OUT!
Sammie.jaay

Hi sammie,
Did you have the battery load tested. That maybe your problem. Have that done and get back to me.

Rhall77
I think the battery too

Tjegz
I have a brand new battery that was put in. It still won't start. They are telling me that there was water in my gas tank? Sorry I am really clueless about all this. So the car won't start but sounds like it wants too. They are telling me to change the idol sensor that the water damaged it, but I just got that changed two months ago.?

Sammie.jaay