REPLACED STARTER NOW CAR WON'T TURN OVER, PLEASE HELP

Chevrolet Impala

I have a 95 s10 chevy blazer and had a bad starter. I just replaced it and now car wont turn over. Is it possible I messed up the wiring with the starter or installed it wrong. It has been sitting for about a month without being started. The car will crank but not turn over. WHat could be the problem? Thanks STeven
Steventheseeker

Try checking to make sure you put the small wire on the S term. And not on the R term. Then check your battery cable to make sure it is tight and a good charge on the battery. (And do you mean it will crank but not run or will not even try to crank. Listen for a click if you hear that then try what I typed it should work)
Haz

Haz_r_dous1
Try giving it a boost. That might be the problem

Mikeincan
I have the same problem w/ my 95 Blazer. It won't even turn over I get nothing. All my dash lights go on, the fuses are fine and the radio works. I was told to trace the small wire on the selenoid back to the relay, but I'm having a hard time finding it. Keep me in mind if you find a solution.

Jonnyber
I am not sure if this is one of those vehicles but some GM cars have a fusible link wire that runs to the starter. I believe it goes to the alternator.

I agree with a prior post that the S and R wires may be crossed. If not check for a fusible link wire

Rolfesj