NEW SHOCKS/STRUTS, POPPING NOISE

Chevrolet Impala

I have a 1998 Honda civic EX with 97,000 miles. I had all the shocks (or struts? Can't remember) replaced a couple of months ago. I noticed that the driver front side tire started making a pop noise when I would go over speed bumps after the new shocks were installed. It did not occur every time, but occasionally. I took the car back to the shop 2 weeks later and they said they did not hear the noise, but they double checked everything and it looked fine. Now, my car is making the popping noise almost every time I go over bumps. This never happened before and I don't know what the problem could be (I am not very car saavy). The noise is very annoying and I was wondering what could be causing it. Take any advice I can get, thanks.
Cavitri

I too have experienced that over the last year. I did get my Struts replaced less than 6 months ago and I still hear the noise when I go over bumps. I have a 97 honda accord with only 90k miles. I took my car back to the auto mach. And they could not find the source.

Well guess what: This weekend my front wheel fell off the car. That is right. Front right wheel. I do not know much either as far as correct termination but I would say that the CV joint, or the vertical bolt that hold the wheel housing to the frame was stripped and came off.

I do not have a resultion yet with the auto mach.

Get it looked at.

TC

Tomthumb