CHEVY DRIVER DOOR REMOTE DOOR LOCK NOT WORKING

2008 Chevrolet Impala

Interior problem
2008 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

The drivers door lock does not consistently function via the remote. All other locks function fine but the drivers door either will not function at all or will only go half way when you press the button on the key fob. I have checked inside the door and it does not appear that anything mechanical is binding. I don't know much about this system I assume that there is an antenna and central receiver and then an actuator on each door lock. Would this be a problem with that local actuator and not the whole system? Thanks.

Oh and the lock works fine when manipulating it manually or with the physical key
Ryanuni

Replace the door lock actuator,its part of the door latch.very common.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/147643_actuator_1.jpg

Brian 1
Thanks,
Can you tell me if the 2007 part number is the same as the 2008? I can find a lot of aftermarket sources for this part for the 2007 but none for 2008.
Thanks again

Ryanuni
Dont know if the part numbers are the same from 07-08 but from 06 to 2010 there the same vehicle, probably the same actuator.I would stay away from the aftermarket stuff, low quality and a poor warranty.I would just get an OEM actuator.

Brian 1