CHEVY TRACTION CONTROL LIGHT & ABS LIGHT CO

2003 Chevrolet Impala

Computer problem
2003 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 74000 miles

This recently started, the traction on light and the ABS yellow lights on dash stay on. Rarely do they go off, only a few times. The square indicator light says " Service traction control" light comes on when I start the vehicle, stays on for 1-2 minutes then goes off. But the traction control light and the ABS light remains on.

How can I reset this or what to not have a trip to the expensive auto repair shop. I have no problem with the ABS brakes to operate correctly, no delays or brake hestitations when I press the brake pedal in use.

Help me out with a good solution.

I will greatly appreciate your response.
Paul lacina

Your probably have an abs sensor that is going bad. What needs to be done is to have the codes checked, may or may not be any current. But the scanner needs to be connected and the car driven. The speed sensors can be monitored with the scanner and one of them will probably be giving a different wheel rpm than the the others. Most common are front failures and I believe these are part of the wheel bearing/hub assy.

Have you noticed any typ of hum or roar at all?