CHEVY HEADLIGHTS AND TAIL LIGHTS FLICKER, CLICK

2002 Chevrolet Impala

2002 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

Recently I noticed that my headlights and tails lights flicker accompanied by a clicking sound coming from the front passenger side of the car. I can override these symptoms by manually turning on the headlights by pulling the headlight knob on the dashboard. However, if the manual switch is pulled, then I shift the car in reverse, the exterior lights begin flickering immediately along with the clicking sound. The clicking and flickering of the lights seems to be synchronized. The car runs fine with the exception of the issues listed above. What are causing these issues and how can they be addressed?
Ericjchris

Hi, thanks for the donation. There are relays located above the passenger side fuse fuse box. Feel of the relays when the problem is ongoing, you should be able to feel the vibrations as far as which one is clicking. Hopefully the relays are labebed.

Do you have a voltmeter on the dash, does it react to the clicking? If so, check the charging system. There are manufacturer specific codes for the charging system.