CHEVY ENGINE LIKES TO IDLE AT IT'S OWN SPEED!

2001 Chevrolet Impala

2001 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156352 miles

I have a 2001 Chevy Impala with a 3.4L. When I start the car, it will idle fine however when I go to take off with it, it wants to pick up speed and idle high (will go as fast as 45MPH without touching the gas!). When in park after it wants to go its own speed/rpm, it will still idle high. I have changed the plugs, wires, coil packs, the sensor under the packs, throt. Positioning sensor, fuel filter (fuel pressure is perfect), o2 sensors. What else can it be? I am trying to advoid the dealer, as I can not afford to pay them and they won't help me a bit! Thanks for your help!
RollinRob

Could be a sticky Idle Speed Control motor. Try cleaning it with carb cleaner first, might help, might not. That is one of th efew things that can make the engine rpm on its own

Jack42
Where would I locate the part? Thank you very much for the advice!

RollinRob
This is the best pic I can find of where it is at.It is located on the throttle body.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/1639_IAC_1.jpg

Jack42
Car has been fixed. It was a defective Idle speed control motor. Replaced it with a new one from Auto Zone for $52.99 and problem solved! I appreciate your help you have provided us!

Rob

RollinRob
Glad to hear it. Happy motoring

Jack42