CHEVY CODE 404

2001 Chevrolet Impala

2001 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

The code I am pulling from this 2001 impala was p404 I replaced the egr valve it still doing the same thing it feels ilike something is clogged kinda like the catalytic converter thats how the car acts this is the first time I have tried this website hope you can help me thankyou
Cristin7

Have to use a scan tool and command the egr open/closed to see if its even functioning, also check the egr tube from the egr to the exh manifold over time they get filled with carbon and close of the egr port and the egr will not work properly. This vehicle has high miles so its a possibility. Post back with any other questions and will advise.

Brian 1
If it feels like a cat converter it may be. It is very common in this vehicle. Disconnect the exhaust from the engine and drive it. As for your code do you mean a p1404. Im pretty sure there is a reprogram for that code. Call your local dealer to find out

Rhall77