CHEVY HEAD GASKET

2006 Chevrolet HHR

2006 Chevy HHR 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 62000 miles

I went to change my spark plugs and noticed a small amount of oil had leaked down into the number 2 plug area right from where the block and the head are connected. It appears to be my head gasket is leaking oil slightly. It appears I can readily get to all the bolts to remove the head, should I attempt this myself (do not have the funds for dealer repairs) and can you tell me what the bolts should be torqued back down to? Anything special I should know about changing this head gasket? I can do minor repairs, but never attempted a head gasket before. I can send a pic if needed.

Thank you so much for your help -
Steve
Smolloy

O.K.
What is leaking is not a head gasket it's the valve cover gasket. Yes you can do remove any wiring, cables in way then unbolt remove cover.

Docfixit
Oh my. How stupid am I. Yes, the valve cover gasket! Thank you thank you! Sending a donation - thanks for your help!

Smolloy
Thanks smolloy
Doc

Docfixit