ENGINE ROTATES BUT WILL NOT START

Chevrolet Express

2002 3500 Chevy Box Van 5.7 v8 engine with 94,865 miles on it.
Sometimes engine will start and sometimes won't. Mostly when cold is when I have the most trouble. I can spray engine starting fluid and engine will run, but when it burns off starting fluid the engine will die.
I have had it tuned up, changed distributor, changed timing gear and chain, changed catalytic converters.
I have noticed that the manifold pipes fit loose at joint. I put a gauge on the fuel line and it ran at 50 psig at all times.
Can you please give me some advice on what you might think the problem is?
Danny phillips

I hope you have reached resolution on this one. Having worked so much on the cooling system I strongly suspect a need for bleeding the system of the air left in it. Another thought is the removal of the Idle Air Control (IAC) and cleaning it. There are screens that get clogged and the coolant flows through this device. Take it apart, clean it and put it back on. Again make sure there is no air in the system.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Bruce Hunt
Where exactly is the (IAC), . I was told i'm loosing compression in the engine and the reason the hose are so tight it because my head gasket is going. Now i'm totally confused and the dealership has no clue Followed all the instruction. Also I bled the system put some block sealer in radiator Now that I have replaced the anti freeze on Cool start the temp. Gauge goes to half immediately then after 10 minutes the needle go all the way to the top and still loops and cut off. Can these problems be related. Is my temp gauge or sensor faulty.

Regards,
Olwen

Jazz
Has it ran at all since the repairs you stated?

Jim

CHEVYII