CHEVY

2005 Chevrolet Equinox

Brakes problem
2005 Chevy Equinox 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

HOW DO YOU TAKE THE DISC ROTOR OFF. ONCE THE CALIPER IS OFF, DO YOU JUST UNSCREW THE MIDDLE NUT? WHAT IS THE SOCKET SIZE OF THE NUT. DO YOU REPACK THE BEARINGS LIKE IN THE OLDER CARS, OR IS IT DIFFERENT? DO I HAVE SEALS THAT I WILL NEED TO REPLACE AND IS THERE ANY TRICKY STUFF I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT. I'M USED TO DOING THE OLDER FORDS AND CHEVYS, THIS ONE HAS SOME KIND OF A SENSOR ON IT, SO I'VE BEEN TOLD. PLEASE GIVE ME ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF THAT I SHOULD BE AWARE OF. SPECIAL TOOLS, WHERE THINGS GO ONCE REMOVED, SEALS, BEARINGS OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT HELP. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. AND LAST, WHERE DO YOU PUT THE GREASE OR GLUE THAT THEY GIVE YOU. SHOULD I HONE OUT THE CAVITY WHERE THE PISTONS GO (2), IT MAY BE STICKING ALITTLE. TIM
TIM BIEL

There is no special tools to remove the rotors, these are floating rotors, no repacking necessary its a sealed bearing. You do not have to remove the center nut, if you are replacing the rotors, just lube the flange of the hub and hit the rotor with a hammer, a couple of hits and the rotor will fall off. You do not have to hone the caliper, just compress it. Put the grease they give you on the end of the brake pads, wear they ride in the housing. Post back with any other questions.

Brian 1