CHEVY IGNITION WIRING

1984 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe

1984 Chevy Custom Deluxe V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 213k miles

I just recently bought this 84 chevrolet c10 and the guy I bought the truck from hooked up the battery the wrong way and it caused major problems smoke came out in the wiring behind the brake booster and from the celeniod. Before this happened I had power in the ignition now I have none. I have already checked the fuses and I bought a starter and celenoid. I dont know what I should do next. Wires are a pain in the ass and im wanting to wait till I get professional advice before I break it all down
Chevrolet usa

The smoke from behind the brake booster indicates that the entire wireing harness is most likely damaged - melted - or burnt. The advice (be it Professional or Amature) is to replace the entire wiring harness --- which is probably worth more than the vehicle. Maybe a junk yard will have a harness but it will be a long shot being a 1984.

Pear69