CHEVY FUEL

1982 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe

1982 Chevy Custom Deluxe V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 305 motor that has been running fine up until yesterday. It wont stay running. When I get it started and try keeping it running, it blows smoke white smoke out of the exhaust and the starts popping and the wants to die. I made sure it was getting fuel, I checked the oil dipstick to make sure there was no water in the oil. I canno tlocate the fuel filter to check that. Can this be a fuel filter problem or (I hope not) a head gasket?
Dave40

White smoke means coolant is being burned which points right to a blown head gasket.

It's possible for a bad intake manifold gasket to do that too but that engine is not known for that.

Wrenchtech
Thank you for your reponse. You mention that it could be intake gasket problems. I have a slight oil leak coming from the gaskets for the valve covers that leak near the gasket for the intake. I wonder if this could be destroyng the gasket for the intake.

Dave40
No, that's not related

Wrenchtech