CHEVY FUEL

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

2005 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 50000 miles

what causes air to get in fuel line after I fill the car with gas
Stmt

There is no way for that to happen unless it's pumping air from inside the tank. The pump is submerged and the system is self bleeding. The only time you pump air is if there is no fuel to pump and that will burn out the pump real quick.

Wrenchtech
I have changed fuel pump and relay car will sometimes run for 10 to 15 min then fuel pressure will drop off and die. Then it may start and may not if u wait about a hour it will start and run about 15 min then die again.

Stmt
It's not an air problem. You just need to find out what's happening to your fuel pressure, whether it be electrical or a restriction in the system somewhere. It could be many things but you need to use a fuel pressure gauge and determine if the pump is receiving constant voltage and ground.

Wrenchtech
It does get air in it if u crank on it for awhile after it dies.

Stmt
It can't do that. The pump is submerged. There is no place to get air unless there is a problem inside your tank with a reservoir pumping dry.

Wrenchtech
This car has two gas tanks a left and right left tank pumps to engine right tank pumps to left is it possible the air could b coming from the right tank the pump I changed was in the left tank

Stmt
That could be what is happening them.

The function of the venturi pump is to fill the fuel sender assembly reservoir. If that reservoir goes dry, it will pump air. That will ruin the fuel pump real quick. It sounds like you may be having an issue with the venturi pump.

Wrenchtech
How do I check the venturi pump

Stmt
Your probably going to have to drop the tank and physically look inside.

Wrenchtech
I have fuel tanks off now

Stmt
Page 1 of 2