CHEVY AC BLOWER

2001 Chevrolet Corvette

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 38000 miles

2001 C5 Coupe w auto trans. Climate controlled air. Blower motor started roaring and it has now completely quit. The fan spped indicators on auto temp display still show fan speed but fan isnt blowing. Where is the blower located and how difficult is it to access and change out myself?
Vettecowboy

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/147643_blower_motor_1.jpg

Remove the I/P lower insulator panel - RH. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - IP Lower (LH) or Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - IP Lower (RH) in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.
CAUTION: Unplug the blower motor before removal. Blower motor case contact with any ground may start the tan and cause personal injury .

Disconnect the blower motor electrical connector.

Disconnect the blower motor cooling tube from the HVAC module.
Remove the blower motor retaining screws.
Remove the blower motor from the HVAC module.
INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Install the blower motor to the HVAC module. NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
Install the blower motor retaining screws.
Tighten
Tighten the blower motor retaining screws to 1.7 N.m (15 lb in) .

Connect the blower motor cooling tube to the HVAC module.

Connect the blower motor electrical connector.
Install the I/P lower insulator panel - RH. Refer to Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - IP Lower (LH) or Closeout/Insulator Panel Replacement - IP Lower (RH) in Instrument Panel, Gauges and Console.

Brian 1