CHEVY CRANKCASE PRESSURE

1991 Chevrolet Corvette

1991 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80,140 miles

My vette did not get drove for a year and one day drove car to get the oil changed and at half to full rpms oil comes out the oil dipstick tube and just a little out of the passenger breather line to the throttle body, not at the pcv. The vaccum at the pcv is fine. Engine and all aspects work great. I've had the car since new and have only put 19,000 miles on the car since 1999. Everyone tells me I have a stuck ring. The car never smokes when you start it or if you gas it. If you have a fix without rebuilding, I will pay you for sure. This is my baby! Thank, s Shane S.
Smishte

First i'd put a new pcV in as its not a lot of money and you really don't know if your vacuum is righ tor not. Then let the car get warm like driving it about 15 miles. Then after it is warm, try putting it in 2nd gear only and wind it up to 60-65 and let it back down engine wise by itself. Do this a couple of times. Then put a quart of trans fluid in the engine oil, but don't overfill the oil and drive the car a little. EVERYTIME you drive this car you should at least drive it 20 or so miles and not short hops of less than 2 miles. That is very hard on a car. Then take a valve cover off and see if one of th events in the valve cover is plugged with something, preferably the one where the pcv hooks into. If you find lots of sludge in the head that can be fixed by taking it all out with a screwdriver or loosening it up and using a shop vac to suck it into the shop vac. Make sure the drain hole in the head is free. Once the trans fluidis in it drive it about 100 miles or oso. Then change oil again and i'd suggest using synthetic oil as I don't know what you are using now.