CHEVY CORISCA PROBLEMS

1996 Chevrolet Corvair

1996 Chevy Corvair 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 340000 miles

My Corsica bogs down when I push down the gas hard. If I excelerate normally it seems fine. What could be causing this? Also will start and run if I shut it off try to start it again in a half hour to a hour it won't start, next day starts fine. What could cause this? I have changed the fuel filter. The old filter had come apart inside when I shook it dirty black gas came out. I had a parts store check the engine codes it said I had emission problems such as oxygen sensor, egr valve, or catalytic converter.
MARWAYKIT

To better answer the question, appreciate to have the codes. Having the code make it easy to know what system is at fault and before we can get tp the component.
Changing oxygen sensor, EGR valve or catalytic converter may not help at all.
What is interested is the dirty black gas when changing the fuel filter, and the 340000 milleage on the car
Black gas from the fuel filter mean there is more black gas in the tank/contaminated fuel.
Ran close to empty then add dry gas and fill the tank up. If you were using 87, then this time only use the next 90 .I know gas is expensive, so I do not mean to make you broke.( Resett the light)
meanwhile, have them scan the corsica again if the engine light come back, write it down, and get back to me.

Mathiaso