POWER STEERING FLUID LEAK

Chevrolet Corsica

I have an automatic 95 chevy corsica with about 112k miles on it. The other day I drove it for about 30 minutes, no problem, parked it and came back about 6 hours later to find a puddle of power steering fluid on the floor underneath my steering wheel. I had to get home so I dumped a whole bottle of steering fluid in and crossed my fingers. Trust me this is NOT a slow leak. Does anyone know why this would of happened and any tips on how to fix it?
Cangeli12384

Hi there,

I presume you mean on the ground under the car. If so it will either be the power steering rack has failed or the high pressure hose or the low pressure return hose. You will have to was it all down and fill the system, run the car and check the hoses and or pipes. You should see the leak if it is as bad as you say it is. Re post if you require further assistance when you have located the leak.

Mhpautos