TRANSMISSION

1994 Chevrolet Corsica

Ok my son has a 1994 corsica 136,000 miles
2.2 L 3speed automatic. He was on his way to see me about two hours away. Pulled into rest stop off freeway, had it in cruise, as he pulled off and slowed down heard a clunk. Parked car Restarted it sounded fine, put into reverse instantly stalled out. Towed to my house. Started up the next day, put into gear car moved without stalling. Put back into park let run for about 15 min. No noises from tranny then put into Reverse it stalled out right away. So replaced TCC Tranny filter and fluid. Started up no noise let car warm up in park for 15 min, then put into Raverse car stalls again, noise in tranny area. No codes.I think maybe its the Torque Converter, or maybe the trannsmission cooler is pluged. Any info helpful
Ray
Hryk2646

Well I figuired it out myself to be the Torque Converter. Which was my first thought to begin with. Aparently 1992-96 had a problem with the Torque converters. Thank myself for the help
Ray

Hryk2646
Hey Ray,
So very sorry we missed your post! Please accept our apologies! Another issue w/ those tranny's is the TCC lock up solenoids. Will cause the identical symptoms! I would recommend you disconn the connector to the tranny first, if the problem disappears (and it will have no OD) then its the TCC (easy fix!) Please let us know! I can send along the pic and procedure if ya want!

Chris

Carundell
Well chris I replaces with a new TCC nochange Unplugged it no change. What problems usually occur with Tourque Converters.

Hryk2646
If I remember right, I mentioned some of the techs that could help such as you Chris, Backyardmechanic, Bootdog, Ras, and so on. So don't take it personal. Let him pat him self and be proud. : Roll:

Paul I bet your really interesting to talk to in person.
Ray

Hryk2646
Actually, the internet allows me a few minutes to think about what I say....Before I say somtething stupid.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_bigsmilereptile_2.jpg

Really glad you're gonna stick around an help out.