V6 3.1 LITER TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

1993 Chevrolet Corsica

On the way to my friends house I noticed that my car was having some trouble shifting. I had little trouble when going into 2nd gear but when attempting to go into 3rd, my car starting jerking and my transmission was slipping. While getting ready to turn into my friends driveway I tried hitting the brakes to slow down and my car would not slow down. Finally it jerked when it downshifted and as soon as we got into the driveway it stalled.

When the tow truck driver arrived, he moved my car first into reverse and then into drive and he said that it didn't seem to him that it was the torque converter. Does anyone have any idea as to what it could be? My fluid was still a little pink but on the very light side. Please help this is my only car that I have to get back and forth to work and school. Thank you vey much,
A concerned mom of 2
Dphillips0208

My car has 104647 miles on it sorry: (

Dphillips0208
First have the PCM scanned for codes. If there is a solenoid or other non-mechanical problem it should store a code. Get back and we will go from there

Jack42
Where would I have that done? Do you know how much that usually runs?

Dphillips0208
I believe auto-zone will do it for free

Jack42
I took my car to atpa today and the man said that he thought it was the torque converter. He unhooked something under my hood and my dad said that he thought it was my kickdown. I have no clue from this point on.

Dphillips0208
Have you had it scanned?

Jack42
I called around to find out who could scan it and I couldn't find anyone. This lady that I talked to from auto zone told me to look on the internet and I should be able to find a website that tells me how to pull the codes off myself but I couldn't find anything.

Dphillips0208
Try Aamco trans. I think they might do a diagnostic for free

Jack42
I work for autozone and they are required to check your codes the lady you talked to is being lazy if they are not willing to check your engine code ask to speak to thier manager or call thier main office in memphis tennesse it is autozone policy to help the cust in this matter.

If you want to read the code yourself all you need is a paper clip and the diagnostic connector will be down below your dash panel clearly visible. Put the paper clip in the two terminals you should see on the right hand upper side put one end of the paper clip in each one and turn the ignition key it will then flash a two code system, it will flash once, pause, then twice pause it will flash this code three times then any other codes on your car that will flash will flash the same way in a flash example, one, small pause, two, small pause, three, small pause, then longer pause, one, small pause, two, long pause then next code. That code would equal code 32, it will flash each code 3 times a piece. When you see code 12 flashed again it has completed it cycle then simply google obd 1 code 32 and see what come up or go to autozone and they can print out a trouble shooting checklist for that code that you can follow to eliminate and find your problem.

I forgot to mention it should be the only two terminals you see directly next to each other.

Maddog7575