CHEVY WON,T START BUT THEN DOES ???

2007 Chevrolet Colorado

2007 Chevy Colorado 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 63500 miles

Chevy colerado 4 cy truck will turn over but won, t start you try a few times turning it over then let it sit then will start as normal had it in autoshop cked computer replaced a sensor but till has ve problem now it only happens sometimes maybe 2-3 times a week told when I bring it in its running & hard to see why it turns over but won, t start only at certain times only thing I got that has lighted on dask is a picture of the truck with a padlock thur it but goes away after it starts the next time any idea let me know thanks tom
Tom50407

Next time it doesn't want to start do below imediately to catch wether it is a fuel or spark problem.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard.