CHEVY AIR CONDTIONING GOING ON AND OFF

2007 Chevrolet Colorado

Air Conditioning problem
2007 Chevy Colorado 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 61200 miles

Hello! Heard you guys were the best : )
My question is. My '07 Chevy Colorado 4cyl 2wheel drive pickup trucks air conditioning/heat system goes on and off. Sometimes it will work for an entire day (at the most) other times it will only last a few hours before it goes off and doesn't work until it comes on again. This happens on a daily basis. I am wondering if it might me a relay? I have never heard of this. Usually when your air/heat stops, it usually doesn't ever come back on, unless you replace like the blower motor or relay etc.
My system comes on and off spiratically and for hours or a full day at a time in either an " off or on".
Please help! Thank you sincerely.

-Brian Tucker
Btucker1975

My air works on the high fan speed only. Theres a resistor under the dash by the fan motor. Cost $25. I replaced this it worked fine, for a week anyway. From what the chevy mechanic told me is this seems to be a common problem

Jj127