CHEVY BRAKES LOCKING UP

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

Brakes problem
2008 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60000 miles

during wet or snowy conditions while braking our vehicle seems to lock up on the right rear and the vehicle wants to spin out towards the passenger side.I'm pretty sure that it would be a warranty situation but the dealer is proposing a 140.00$ brake cleaning that may or may not solve the problem. Anyone I have talked to just laughs at this proppsal?
Cronk

Thats a good starting point cleaning and adjusting ur rear brakes because if there not adjusted correctly that could happen. But that is alot for a cleaning and adjusting.I only charged a half an hr labor when I did that at the dealer. But I would start with that cleaning and adjusting but iam sure u can find a cheaper price then that. Let me know how it goes.

Checked the front pad (passenger) out myself the other night, the outside pads were fine but the inside one was almost gone. The dealer said the brakes were ok. I think I'll install a new set of pads.

Cronk
Dont forget to clean and adjust the rear brakes let me know how it goes.