CHEVY SECONDARY AIR INJECTION PUMP PROBLEM

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

2007 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

I have a 2007 chevy cobalt and the check engine light has been on for about a year, so I went through Emissions and the code p2434 showed up---meaning the secondary air injector pump was bad, so now the air pump is replaced and I got it checked on a OBD scanner and it said there was low voltage to the air pump--meaning the old air pump was good and the problem is somewhere else (I checked the old pump with a volt metor)I got the code reset several times and the light still comes on. There is somethlng giving the pump low voltage and I don't know what the solution is. I may be wrong but it may be the connector that goes to the pump but I really don't know. Has anyone experienced this problem before and how was it resolved? Please help
Joefixacar

Did you have the part removed and tested before putting the new pump in or did you just assume the pump was bad because of the code? I have the same code coming up on my 2008 colbalt?
Thanks Streetstock71

Streetstock71