CHEVY FUSE LOCATION

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

2007 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl Automatic

where is the dianostic connecter terminal fuse located?
Carter8607

Not sure what you're talking about by code breaker terminal?

Bluelightnin6
Im sorry I worded it wrong. Its called the dianostic connecter terminal. Its on the driver side bye the door under the steering wheel. Its where you can plug in a code breaker to get a code from the car to see why the engine light is on.

Carter8607
No problem, that would be the data link connector (DLC) fuse which is a 15 Amp fuse located in the underhood fuse block (next to left strut tower). It may be labeled LTR as the cigar lighter is on the same circuit. An easy way to test this without finding fuse is if the cigar lighter works, then the fuse is fine.

Bluelightnin6
Oooooooooooooo. Well in that case my cigar lighter isnt working and hasnt for somethime it is always blowing a fuse. Will change it though thanks a lot. Will the engine light come on if that fuse is blown?

Carter8607
Yes the engine light would still come on if DLC fuse is blown, you just would not be able to connect diagnostic scanner and retrieve the trouble code(s) stored.

Bluelightnin6
Thanks. Now I can check the code and see why the engine light is on. Thanks a bunch

Carter8607