CHEVY NOISE HEARD ON BUMPS

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

Noises problem
2006 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 59340 miles

Lately I have heard a noise like something is loose in the front driver side of the car. When I go over any bump or bumopy raod sounds like something is loose. I have checks the lugnuts and they are on tight. I have noticed in the past day that when I pass over a bump or bumpy road almost a scraping scapping sounds that is periodic to ther rotation of the tire. About a year and a half a go I sldie down a street with ice and hit the curb with the passaenger side wheel. I took it to a mechanic and her said he moved something foward half and inch and recommended I get struts but due to money issues did not. And it only seems to happen on the driver side not the passenger side. Once on a falt service or on a highway I do not heard it except for a sqeecking sound I hear from the sterring wheel.
Soniclos

You will ned to lift and suppor tthecar and remove th ewheel to inspect ehsuspension. See if thereis play in thewheel (top to bottom movement) which could be awheel bearing. This kind of nois ecan be many things, bearing, ball joint, arm bushings, sway bar end link, strut or strut top. Inspection will be the only way to find it

Jack42