CHEVY MASTER CYCLINDER REPLACEMENT.

1981 Chevrolet Citation

Brakes problem
1981 Chevy Citation 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 132584 miles

I'm having trouble removing the rear brake lines from the master cylinder. I have applied penetrating oil but nothing good has happened yet (the nut started to round over). The master cylinder appears to be made of aluminum while the nuts on the brake lines appear to be steel. Can I apply heat to these connections and if so to which component? How do I replace to flare nut or can I recondition this on the vehicle?
Dcgreen

It sounds like you used an end wrench to take teh line off instead of a line wrench. Now the line will have to be replaced probably. YOu have to have special tools to replace just he flare nut on the line. You can apply heat but the aluminum will probably suck up more of the heat that you can apply so it will be a wasted effort. Make sure when you get te new one to bench bleed the matster instead of tryn on the car as you wil more than likely add a lot of air in the system. Or you can take it to a pro and let him finish the job if he will.