CHEVY POSSIBLE OIL PRESSURE SWITCH TROUBLE?

1993 Chevrolet Cheyenne

1993 Chevy Cheyenne V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

Engine starts and runs a few seconds and dies. I started it and gunned it and it ran as long as I gunned, then drove a bit. Killed it and back to running a few seconds. After warm, sometimes won't start. Sit a while and back to start and dies after a few seconds, New fuel pump, filter, coil. Oil Switch? How do I test oil switch JR
Rhvacr

If you think it is a fuel issue, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Some of the national brand auto stores used to loan out a fuel pressure gage, if you don't have one. As far as the oil pressure switch in the fuel pump circuit, that is a redundant power supply to the pump. As long as the fuel pump relay and circuits are functional, rpm signal present, engine cranking, the pump should run regardless of o/p switch. At the fuel pump connector, the gray wire is voltage for fuel pump motor. Any applicable trouble codes. You should be able to check mil codes, yourself.