CHEVY DRL AND NORMAL HEADLIGHTS NOT WORKING

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

2002 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 90000 miles

So on my 2002 2.2L manual trans cavalier, my daytime running lamps and normal headlights stopped working. My high beams work fine. I have already replaced my DRL relay, cleaned and hard wired the grounds under the battery box, and cleaned and hardwired the junction box that normally gets corroded under the battery box (even though it wasnt that bad). So when I start the car, everything is the way is supposed to be. But when I disengage the parking brake, My drl relay clicks, my DRL flickers on and than stays off, my DRL symbol on dash flickers on than stays off, then the service engine light turns on. My regular headlights still dont work, but high beams work. Also, both bulbs have been replaced with brand new ones. What might still be the problem? Im scratching my head on this one.
Jupitar

I am dealing with this same issue. Had to remove the tube leading from air filter to intake box. There is a mullinex connector kinda laying over the trans. It isn't making a good connection there. I used two zip ties to bring it together. Was working and it started doing it agian. Tightened the zip ties more. Good to go working fine now, no problems.

Rpjovingo