CHEVY ABS LIGHT COMING ON AND ACCESSORIES NOT

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

2002 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles

Had issue with car not running that I thought was my starter switch. Changed it out and car still wouldnt start. Turns out it was just tons of corrosion on battery cable. Put on new cables and car started right up. Now, security and service light goes on and off but I think the system just needs to be reset, so, if anyone knows how to do that, please let me know. The real problem though is Im having accessory issues. When the headlights are on, they and console are very dim. Also, when I step on the brakes, the ABS light comes on, the lights dim more, the a.C. Stops pumping cold air and all of my gauges lose power and go down. When I take my foot off the brake, everything goes back to normal. Any suggestions? Also, I notices when I was attaching the new battery cable to the starter that there was another decently thick cable attached to the same terminal that leads up into a harness that has serious corrosion on it. Any chance this wire goes to my accessories?
Tgrant0124

I would clean all the power and ground cable connections to the battery, especially the one you mentioned.

After cleaning and connecting, use a thin coat of vaseline to protect it.

Reset procedures are in owners manual for security system but generally: GM PASS LOCK RELEARN- Ignition to " run" position, try to start and let key return to " run" position.
Approx ten minutes security light will go off
Turn key " off" and wait 5 seconds
Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 relearns.
Turn key off, then start it.

The ABS light indicates a problem in the ABS system, you will need to get it scanned with a chassis scanner, as ABS sets a " C" code.

Mmprince4000