CHEVY COOLING FAN

1999 Chevrolet Cavalier

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

i have 1999 cavalier and the engine cooling fan is always running, I changed the temperature sensor, fuses, and checked all the wiring it is possisble that my obd is faulty.
Hurtfeelings

More than likely the fan switch is bad. When it fails, it will default to running all the time to prevent overheating.

Also possible the relay is stuck, but I would replace the fan switch first.

Mmprince4000
I switched the relay, but it did'nt stop, also it burns gas horribly, shoots out black smoke, and the check engine light is on, it all started when a local mechanic broke temperature sensor trying to put on a new belt, please help I have to drive this car 60 miles to work back and forth

Hurtfeelings
Also could it be the wrong antifreeze causing these problems

Hurtfeelings
Take the car to any autoparts store for a free scan. See what the codes are.

If temp sensor is not working, it will run rich and cause a lot of driveability problems.

Have the scanner set to live data mode and see what PCM is reading as engine temp. If low 0 to -20, then the coolant temp switch is bad.

Do not confuse the coolant temp sender with the fan switch or the temp gauge sender.

Mmprince4000