IGNITION MISS FIRE CHEV.

1991 Chevrolet Caprice

I have a 1991 Chev. Caprice and it missfires when at opp. Temp. So far I have replaced the ignition mod. And the T P C checked the map sensor I have also checked the coil useing a oam meater and it falls in factory specks. The cap has no cracks I am at my wits end. Every time I try to acelarate from a dead stop the ignition cuts in and out fully not just ti one cylnder but in all 8. The car has a 305 V 8 in it. I have been stuck in Denver now for two days can anybody give me a hand in this? Thanks!
Matsukes

It's most likely the pick-up coil in the distributor. If you've checked the coil, the ignition module, and the distributor cap then the pick up coil is pry your best bet. Sometimes the polyurethane coating breaks off the coil. When the engine gets to operating temp the coil will start to act up. If this doesn't fix it the the wiring harness that plugs into the module and the coil pry needs replaced. Hope I helped. Good luck.

BarefootBob88