VALVE LIFTERS

Chevrolet Caprice

Chevy Caprice 1991 180,000 miles. Just replaced the head gaskets and noticed that some of the valve lifters plungers are stuck (no movement). Also I cannot get any of the lifters out. The all come up a bit, but that's all. How do I go about adjusting the valves with the stuck plungers lifters?
Britmike2

If all of the lifters are still in place, just leave them there, if they are not problematic, they are settled into their position on the camshaft, and to move them to another position will cause premature wear/failure, just continue reassembly: after torquing the heads to spec, insert the pushrods into their respective guides and make sure they are seated properly in the lifter, followed by the rockers, just torque the rockers to spec, I think 20 ft lb, but consult your service manual to be sure. Followed by the lifter valley pan, followed by application of intake manifold gasket, followed by torquing the intake manifold to spec, once the engine is started the lifters will self adjust, if they are hydraullic (stock)lifters, hope this is helpful

Joemechanic