WHINNING NOISE WHILE TURNING?

Chevrolet Camaro

I have a 97 Camaro Z28 that is starting to make a slight whine when I turn the wheel. It sound louder while parked than when I am in motion. The noise seems to sound like the noise you get when you turn your wheels lock to lock. It sounded like the noise was coming from up top, but it is actually coming from underneath. There are no signs of leaks around the Power steering pump or the rack and pinion. The steering doesn't seem to be any harder to turn than normal. Could the Powering Steering pump BE going bad? Thanks
Bmwowner

Im assuming you already checked the fluid level in the PS pump

Syncrait
Yep, forgot to mention that. : D When I did check the reservoir, after I removed the cap it hissed at me. If that means anything?

Bmwowner
Put the car on jack stands, took off the wheels and turned the steering wheel lock to lock. NO noise. Put the car back on the ground and the noise is back?

Bmwowner
Was the fluid in the pump at the required level

Syncrait
It was a little low. I did however take it to my local mechanic and he thinks it's the upper ball joint. He said that it was a simple bolt. I just need to make the time to do replace it.

Bmwowner